June 7, 2016
One of the best things about Southshore, and Life at the Lake, is playing on, in and around the 800 acres of water in the Aurora Reservoir. We’re so excited to see how Southshore residents are taking advantage of our community’s favorite amenity this summer. Have you tried paddle-boarding, or is sailing your passion? Maybe you just prefer to sit on the beach and read a good book. Whatever your favorite activity is, we invite you to visit our Facebook page and share photos of your favorite lakeside activity with us! While you’re there, “like” our page so you can stay up to date on what’s happening in the community.
Be safe out there!
It’s the beginning of summer, so if you haven’t been out on the lake in awhile, here are a few tips to keep you and your loved ones safe.
- Children should be monitored all the time and wear proper-fitting, Coast Guard-approved flotation devices (life vests) whenever they’re near water.
- If you don’t know how to perform CPR and mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, it’s time to learn!
- Water temperatures below 85°F (29°C) can cause babies to lose heat quickly, putting them at risk for hypothermia (when body temperature falls below normal).
- We don’t have to tell you to apply and reapply sunscreen; even a few bad sunburns can increase the risk of skin cancer (not to mention wrinkles!).
- UV sunglasses, hats, and protective clothing also can help provide sun protection, especially for babies less than six months of age.
- Avoid the hours between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. when UV rays are the most intense and the sun is hottest.
- It’s also a good idea to become familiar with symptoms of heat stroke and heat exhaustion and how to prevent and treat both.
Love the Lake? Live at Southshore!
If you haven’t been to Southshore yet, now is an amazing time to visit. Village Homes has two beautiful home collections for your to tour: The Artistry Collection (from the $400s to $500s), and the Hometown Collection (from the $300s to $400s). While you’re here, be sure to also stop by the Lakehouse. Who knows? You might find yourself making new friends around the pool and fire pit before you know it!
Are you ready for Life at the Lake?